About the Contest
Do The Jingle Official Rules
SafeAuto is holding an open casting call to find the stars of its next ad campaign. Whether it’s a person or a group, the contestant is to re-create, re-interpret or re-invent the famous SafeAuto Jingle. All video submissions will be featured at: www.safeauto.com/DoTheJingle.
Site visitors are encouraged to vote for their favorite jingle because your votes will decide the winner. Previous SafeAuto commercials can be found at www.safeauto.com/about/commercials/
The winning act will receive $5,000 and a chance to appear in a future advertising campaign. Prizes will be awarded to the top 5 entries. Winner(s) of the SafeAuto Do The Jingle contest will appear in a SafeAuto commercial. SafeAuto reserves all rights to the creative, script, and production of the commercial. The winning jingle may or may not appear in an advertising campaign. SafeAuto will make the final decision if the jingle appears in an advertising campaign.
The contest starts at midnight EST on Monday, January 6, 2014. Starting then, all submissions will be posted on the Do The Jingle site and open to public viewing and voting. Voting stops on February 28, 2014, at 11:59 p.m EST. The grand prize winner will be determined by the most public votes and winning the final matchup of the "Safe 16" bracket.
From January 6, 2014 until January 29, 2014, the 16 videos with the most total votes will advance to the "Safe 16" bracket. There will be a 48 hour break to populate the vote count. On February 1, 2014, these top 16 videos will face off in a bracket style competition (seeding is based on January's vote count). To advance to the next round in the "Safe 16" bracket, the video with the most votes in its respective matchup will move forward. Each matchup lasts one week. The winner of the entire bracket will be deemed the winner of SafeAuto's "Do The Jingle" contest and will receive the grand prize! Once a video is eliminated, there will be no more voting on that respective video.
First place winner receives the grand prize. Places 2-5 will receive cash prizes. Places 6-16 will receive a $50 iTunes gift card and an official SafeAuto Insurance T-shirt. Please go to the prizes page for more details.
Voting is open to the public starting at midnight EST Monday, January 6, 2014, and may be accomplished only through individual use of the online tools provided by SafeAuto. The usage of any other method for voting purposes is strictly prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, usage of online robots, code components that automatically register votes, or other similar schemes. SafeAuto reserves the right to exclude consideration of any suspicious or illegal votes, in its sole and absolute discretion.
VIDEO SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- Only 1 submission allowed per person/group.
- All submissions will be uploaded by SafeAuto.
- From October 15, 2013 - December 15, 2013 at 11:59pm EST, site visitors can upload their own video entry on safeauto.com/dothejingle. Videos will be screened by SafeAuto and if approved will appear on safeauto.com/dothejingle on January 06, 2014 and be eligible for voting.
- After submission on the DoTheJingle.com website, videos will be live on YouTube and may be embedded freely onto other sites including but not limited to Facebook®, Twitter ®, blogs and other social networking sites.
- SafeAuto indefinitely retains all rights, title and interest and unrestricted use of each video, and may use it in any manner it deems appropriate without compensation given to the subjects or producers of the submission. Once a video is submitted it becomes the exclusive property of SafeAuto.
- The top sixteen (16) finalists selected for consideration will be required to sign a Release, in the form provided by SafeAuto, permitting use of videos, audios, names, likenesses and other similar features, among other requirements. Failure or refusal to sign the Release as provided will disqualify the entrant from further consideration.
- Videos shall be a unique interpretation of the SafeAuto jingle and must include (or reference) at least a portion of the original SafeAuto jingle melody and lyrics. The original SafeAuto Jingle can be found here. Any video which appears on the contest site is eligible to win the contest.
- Entries may consist of groups with any amount of performers, but the prizes remain the same, no matter how many people are in the group.
- Previous Grand Prize winners may not enter Do The Jingle.
- SafeAuto reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to not post or to remove from the contest site, videos that contain obscene, lewd or offensive material.
All video comments will be moderated by SafeAuto. SafeAuto reserves the right to delete any comment and block users from commenting.
Get a Quote
SafeAuto@joanna_leake you should jam out and enter our #dothejingle contest! Visit http://t.co/kji9eavIwF.
SafeAutoRT @joanna_leake: when the safe auto commercial comes on I JAM OUT #dothejingle
joanna_leakewhen the safe auto commercial comes on I JAM OUT #dothejingle
JuJuCrow12/27 HD Beans in Silverton. 1/6/14 SafeAuto #dothejingle voting starts, 1/23/14 Thompson House, Newport KY... http://t.co/Rq5D4gQjew