Charles Sagona, a Radio Operations Manager from Lafayette, Louisiana was browsing SafeAuto.com after obtaining an auto insurance quote. His eyes instantly gravitated to the banner ad on the homepage of the website that promoted SafeAuto’s “VIP at the UFC” contest. Never in his wildest dreams did Charles think that he would be the lucky winner upon entering. “I am stoked,” exclaimed Sagona. “I have always wanted to see a UFC® event in person. Plus, I get to meet Clay Guida... Wow!!!” In addition to receiving a private meet and greet with “The Carpenter,” Charles will receive airfare, hotel accommodations, and tickets to the UFC on FX bout on June 22 as SafeAuto Fight Team Member Clay Guida takes on Gray Maynard in Atlantic City. Charles will be taking his wife Amy on the “VIP” trip to the beach. “I am definitely a big Guida fan. His energizing style is contagious and with his pace, this guy wages war every time he steps into the ring! When Guida is on the card, you know you are going to have an entertaining fight,” remarks Sagona. Sagona was well aware of SafeAuto Insurance before the contest. He saw their advertisements on television and their logo on UFC® fighters inside of the Octagon.® “I think this contest was a great way for SafeAuto to connect with their fans,” said Sagona. “SafeAuto truly made everything easy for me. I got a quote and within a few minutes I had a new policy!”
Charles Sagona will not only receive “VIP” coverage when driving with SafeAuto Insurance, he will also be receiving a “VIP” trip to Atlantic City for an unforgettable UFC® weekend.
Tags: ufc on fx 4, guida vs. maynard, ufc facebook contest, safeauto fight team, clay guida safe auto, safeauto vip at the ufc contest
SafeAuto Fight Team
Figuring out fault in an auto accident is important because it determines which driver's auto insurance company will have to foot the bill for damages and injuries. Sometimes, blame is easy to identify in a given collision. But other times, it's less clear which driver is at fault.
Can you identify which individual is at fault in these six accident videos? Answers are at the bottom of the page.
1. The driver's side door is almost taken off of a sports car by a bus. Whose fault is it -- the man or the bus?
2. A bicyclist is hit by a car that is trying to turn into a parking lot. Whose fault is it -- the car or the bicyclist?
3. A car is bumped from the left side while turning left at an intersection. Whose fault is it -- the "point-of-view" car or the gray sedan to its left?
4. In a parking lot, an SUV reverses into a car which has already backed out of a parking spot. Whose fault is it -- the SUV or the car?
5. A car tries to pull in toward the curb of an airport terminal, but is struck by a silver car pulling away from the curb. Whose fault is it -- the car pulling in or the car pulling out?
6. A motorcycle tries to turn left after pedestrians cross the street and is struck by an SUV trying to turn right. Whose fault is it -- the motorcycle or the SUV? -----------------------------
1. The man who opened the door into traffic. It is the man's responsibility to keep the door out of the way of traffic flow, and the bus was already sitting there. Had the bus arrived after the door had been open, then it might have been the bus drivers' fault.
2. The motorist. The bike lane on this stretch of road is clearly marked, and vehicles are supposed to yield to bicyclists when turning across it. The Volvo not only failed to yield to the bicyclist, but it encroached on the bike lane even before it started to turn into the parking lot.
3. The gray sedan to its left. The point-of-view car was in a lane which could have turned left or right or proceeded straight through the intersection (note the arrow lane markings at 2:56 of the clip), so it had the right-of-way. The gray sedan slid partially out of its (center) lane during the left turn, striking the point-of-view car in the process.
4. This is sort of a trick question. Conventional wisdom would indicate that the SUV was at fault, since it backed up into a car that had already vacated the spot. However, because this fender bender occurred in a parking lot, traditional roadway traffic laws do not apply -- so both drivers are considered to be "at fault" and must pay for their own repairs (see the video's description).
5. Tough call, because this isn't a camera angle which shows both cars at the same time. But it appears that the car pulling in was already in front of the other car before the silver car began pulling out. That would put the fault on the driver of the car pulling out (even though he/she had already activated the vehicle's turn signal).
6. Technically, both drivers are at fault -- because both are supposed to wait until the crosswalk is completely free of pedestrians before turning. However, since the motorcycle did not have a green turn arrow (see the clip), that means that the SUV had a solid green light, and the right-of-way to turn right. The motorcyclist was obligated to make sure all traffic had cleared the intersection before turning left. So the motorcyclist shoulders a larger portion of the blame than the SUV driver does.
Tags: safe auto, safeauto, car accident video
Fuel efficiency and green are in, right? Especially with those high prices at the pump, surely all the auto manufacturers have gotten the message and are making even their worst gas guzzlers a little more environmentally friendly, right?
Wrong. Overall fuel efficiency has improved, but there are still plenty of vehicles that waste gas like it's going out of style...which it is. Here are the biggest wastrels we could find, and, if you only drive about 15 miles a day, how much it's going to cost you at current gas prices.
Scion xB Miles Per Gallon (Combined): 23 Gallons Used in a Year: 238 Total Gas Costs: $875.05
The Scion may be popular among young people, and the overall price may be right...but it's not good when it comes to gas mileage, ranking near the bottom of the small car class. The sad thing? It's still doing a lot better than the rest of this list.
Ford Fusion SEL Miles Per Gallon (Combined): 20 Gallons Used in a Year: 273.75 Total Gas Costs: $1006.31
This small sedan may not look like a gas guzzler, but the four-wheel drive and overall design mean it burns through fuel a lot faster than other cars in its class.
Chevy Camaro 2SS Miles Per Gallon (Combined): 17 Gallons Used in a Year: 322 Total Gas Costs: $1183.89
To be fair, it's not like sports cars are famed far and wide for their fuel efficiency: when you have more cylinders, you're definitely going to burn more fuel, and it's unlikely there are many people pulling out the Camaro to shop for groceries. Even so, Chevy could probably do a little better.
Mercedes S550 Miles Per Gallon (Combined):17 Gallons Used In a Year: 322 Total Gas Costs: $1183.89
Mercedes, as a car brand, isn't noted for its fuel efficiency; that's partially because, as German cars, they're really designed to use diesel, not gasoline. And that's also because if you can afford a new Mercedes, paying nearly 1200 bucks a year at the pump doesn't make you cringe. Even so, lame, guys.
Chrysler Town and Country Touring Miles Per Gallon (Combined):17 Gallons Used In a Year: 322 Total Gas Costs: $1183.89
Why this one costs so much in gas is utterly beyond us. Do parents not like fuel efficiency or something?
Jeep Liberty Sport Miles Per Gallon (Combined): 16 Gallons Used in a Year: 342 Total Gas Costs: $1257.88
It's probably not a surprise that SUVs fill out the worst in fuel efficiency, but it is a little disappointing. It's not like automakers aren't fully aware of this problem; is it really so hard to try and squeeze a few extra miles a gallon out of an engine?
Cadillac Escalade Miles Per Gallon (Combined): 13 Gallons Used in a Year: 421 Total Gas Costs: $1548.16
We guess when you're popular, fuel efficiency doesn't matter. Although we find it hard to believe even athletes won't flinch with what they're paying at the pump.
If you can’t save money on gasoline, then you should at least be getting a good deal on auto insurance. Let SafeAuto put some money back in your pocket today. Click here to get a quote.
Tags: safauto, safe auto, gas guzzler
Original material is licensed under a Creative Commons License permitting non-commercial sharing with attribution.
Powered by BlogEngine.NET 18.104.22.168 Filter by APML
There are many bad drivers out there on the road. Play It Safe with helpful tips, articles, videos, and of course, examples of what not to do. Brought to you by SafeAuto Insurance Company.