FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How Can I Purchase A SafeAuto Policy?
A policy can be purchased online when you visit our main page at www.safeauto.com or you can give us a call 1-800-SAFEAUTO (723-3288) to speak with one of our licensed agents. We offer coverage for several products to meet your insurance needs!
- How Can I Contact SafeAuto?
You can contact us by:
We are available 24/7 at 1-800-SAFEAUTO (723-3288).
If you have an existing SafeAuto policy, download our mobile app to chat with us today!
- What Discounts Can I Get?
Discounts vary and may not be available in all states. Call our agents at 1-800-SAFEAUTO (1-800-723-3288) to apply these discounts to your policy. Here are the most common discounts that are available*:
- Paid In Full
- Continuous Proof of Prior Insurance
- Over 55 Discount
- Good Student
- Defensive Driver
- Does SafeAuto Have A Safe Driving Program Or Discount?
We do not have a safe driving program, but we do offer a defensive driver discount in some states. To find out if this is available in your state and the discount requirements, please call us at 1-800-723-3288
- What Personal Information Is Used To Calculate My Quote/Premium Amount?
There are different factors that are used to calculate your insurance cost such as, but not limited to, date of birth, driving history, marital status, garaging address, the year, make and model of your vehicle, coverages you choose and credit score.
- How Long Does It Take For Me To Get My Policy Information?
Proof of insurance is available immediately after the policy is purchased.
- What Coverages Do I Need?
The type of coverage you need is dependent on your specific situation and state. SafeAuto will ensure that you receive the minimum coverage limits as mandated by the state in which you reside, which will always include Bodily Injury Liability and Property Damage Liability. These coverages can protect you in a lawsuit arising from an accident in which you are being held responsible. Learn more about state minimum coverages.
- What Does “Full Coverage” Mean?
Full Coverage at SafeAuto includes liability, comprehensive, collision and can include extra coverages for towing services, rental car coverage, additional medical expenses and rental car coverage. Learn more about coverages and what they mean.
- What Is A Car Insurance Deductible?
A deductible is the amount you have to pay out of pocket before insurance pays for any expenses. For example, if you are in a car accident and have a $1,000 deductible, insurance may pay for any expenses, minus your deductible.
- What Is An SR-22?
An SR-22 is a document that validates you carry the minimum liability coverage required by your state, which is issued by your insurance company. It is usually a court-ordered document. To learn more, visit our SR-22 page.
- I Have A Recreational Vehicle. Can I Get A Quote With SafeAuto?
SafeAuto partners with other carriers to help you find the protections you need. Check out some of our partners below today. Or speak with a SafeAuto agent for help making a decision.
- How Can I Pay My Bill?
- Payment Options: Check | Credit Card | Debit Card
- Automated System: Check | Credit Card | Debit Card
- Live Customer Service Professional: Check | Credit Card | Debit Card
- Payment Options: Check | Money Order | Cashier's Check | Credit Card | Debit Card
We Also Accept
- Western Union
- Ace Cash Express
Please Note: We do not accept American Express, nor can we take your payment out of a savings account.
- I Mailed A Check To Pay My Bill. When Will You Receive It?
Mailing times vary, however once your payment is received it will be applied to your policy based on the postmark on the envelope.
- Payments with a legible postmark on or before the due date are effective at 12:01 A.M. on the due date.
- Payments with a legible postmark after the due date are effective at 12:01 A.M. on the date shown on the payment envelope.
- Payments with an illegible postmark or no postmark are effective at 12:01 A.M five mail days before the received date.
- Are Any Fees Applied On A Late Payment?
If a payment is made past the cancellation date and time, a reinstatement fee can be added to your policy, and you may incur a lapse in coverage. The reinstatement fee is non-refundable and not part of the premium. This information can be found on page 2 of your auto insurance application and varies by state.
- What Happens If I Pay After My Cancel Date?
You will have a lapse in coverage and will need to reinstate your policy or purchase a new one depending on when your policy cancelled.
- What Happens If I Cancel My Policy Before My 6-Month Term Is Over?
If you request to cancel your policy before your 6-month term is over, you may be subject to a cancellation fee or short-rate penalty fee. Keep in mind we offer several competitive insurance options to meet your needs. Give us a call to hear more about these options, we’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-SAFEAUTO (1-800-723-3288) and follow the prompts to speak with one of our representatives.
- Can I Change My Bill Due Date?
Your payment date is based on the date your policy began and unfortunately cannot be adjusted on your current policy. However, we may be able to offer other options. Please call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-SAFEAUTO (1-800-723-3288) and follow the prompts to speak with one of our representatives. We will be more than happy to discuss.
- Why Did My Rate Increase After I Started My Policy?
There can be different factors on why your policy could increase after the policy was started, which can vary from discounts being removed due to not to receiving required proof by the deadline, missing signature documents causing a coverage upgrade and/or information received on consumer reports such as motor vehicle, claims history and related reports.
- How Do I Stop Receiving Paper Bills?
We have a paperless option for policy documents, but your bill will still be mailed.
- Where Can I Find My Proof Of Insurance/ID Card?
In the SafeAuto app, there is a link to view your ID card. You can also request your Proof of Insurance to be e-mailed to you right away by visiting the Manage Policy page or calling us 24/7 at 1-800-SAFEAUTO (1-800-723-3288).
- How Do I Cancel My Policy?
As an agency we offer several competitive insurance options to meet your needs, please call us at 1-800-SAFEAUTO (1-800-723-3288) and we can further assist. For your convenience, SafeAuto is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- How Can I Update My Personal Or Policy Information?
You can update your personal or policy information by logging into your online account or the mobile app and select Make changes.
Online Policy Management
- How Do I Sign Into My Account?
You have the option of signing in with your email address, Google account, Apple account, or Facebook account. You will need your policy number to log into your account.
- What Can I Do In My Online Account?
In your online Policy Management portal, you can pay your bill, review and update your policy details, review and upload policy documents, and sign up for automatic payments.
- Where Can I Get The SafeAuto Mobile App?
The SafeAuto app is available for download on Google Play for Android and App Store for iOS.
- How Can I Sign In?
You have the option of signing in with your email address, Google account, Apple account or Facebook account. You can also sign in using fingerprint or facial recognition.
- What Can I Do In The App?
With the SafeAuto app you’re able to pay your bill, review and update your policy details, view your ID cards, and chat with a customer service representative at any time. You can also view your policy status, review policy documents and your payment history. RSA and Claim reference details are also available.
- How Do I File A Claim?
There are several ways to file a claim. You can call 1-800-SAFEAUTO (1-800-723-3288) and follow the prompts the reach the Claims department, or your claim can be filed online Report a Claim from the Claims & Policy dropdown menu.
- I Can’t Get In Touch With My Adjuster. What Should I Do?
If you are unable to contact your assigned adjuster by phone or email, you can also email email@example.com or ask to speak to your adjuster's supervisor.
- Who Do I Call For Roadside Assistance?