SafeAuto Car Insurance Claims
At SafeAuto, we understand how stressful an accident can be. It’s our goal to make the process of filing a claim as easy as possible for you so you can get back to your life. The SafeAuto Claims Team is committed to resolving your claim fast and keeping you up to date on the progress of your claim every step of the way.
Things to Know
Being involved in an auto accident can be scary but knowing what to expect of the claims process can make navigating the situation a little easier. Continue reading for some FAQs and important information you should know.
- Date, time, and location of the accident
- Names, addresses, and phone numbers of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident, making a note of any who may have been injured
- Year, make, and model of all involved vehicles
- Any insurance information you obtained from other involved parties
- A brief summary of how the accident occurred
- Report your claim to SafeAuto. Called the First Notice of Loss (FNOL), this is the first notification to SafeAuto of the claim.
- After the claim is reported the investigation into the claim begins. This is usually conducted by a claims adjuster and may include talking to all parties involved, reviewing police reports, reviewing the accident scene, reviewing damages to vehicles, securing witness statements and conferring with appraisers.
- After the investigation is concluded the resolution will be given. Depending on the results of the investigation a claim can be resolved with multiple possible outcomes including repair, total loss, payment, or even litigation if necessary.
Your policy requires that you immediately contact SafeAuto and provide us with copies of the documentation you received. Failure to do so could jeopardize your rights under the policy.
Just like every policyholder is unique, so is every claim. SafeAuto understands that being involved in an auto accident is stressful and can put a strain on all involved. SafeAuto works hard to ensure that each claim is investigated fully and resolved in the appropriate manner as quickly as possible