NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA CONSUMERS BEFORE COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Safe Auto Insurance Group and its affiliated entities (collectively referred to as “we,” “us,” or “our”) collect certain categories of personal information* about you and your household to quote and service insurance policies and claims. As required by the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), we are providing the following list of categories of personal information we collect along with a brief description of the business purpose regarding how we use it.
Categories of Personal Information
- Identifiers. This category includes information such as an individual’s real name, alias, postal address, account name, online account identifier, IP address, email, driver’s license number, and other similar identifiers. We collect this information in order to verify your identity, provide insurance products to you, and carry out our obligations arising out of our relationship with you, including to ensure appropriate billing and providing any required notices.
- Information in Customer Records. This category includes information such as an individual’s name, signature, address, telephone number, driver’s license number, insurance policy number, bank account number, credit or debit card number, medical information and health insurance information. We collect this information in order to properly rate applicants, provide insurance products to you, as well as servicing your policy and claims as required by law.
- Characteristics of Protected Classifications under California or federal law. This includes collecting information related to your age and gender identity. We may collect this information in order to determine your premium or create an accurate account profile to ensure we can identify you during interactions with us.
- Commercial Information. This includes information such as driving and claims history, and transactions and experiences with us, to include payment history, coverage, and claim history. We collect this information in order to perform data analysis, service policies, claims handling, and for other purposes as permitted by law.
Medical information. This may include details surrounding injuries sustained in a car accident, treatment of such injuries, as well as health insurance information. We collect this information in order to handle claims.
- Audio/Biometric information. This includes recordings of your voice, after receiving consent, from all phone calls with you. We collect this information in order to maintain a thorough and accurate history of our relationship with you, respond to complaints, subpoenas, or litigation, and to improve our customer service by identifying opportunities to train our associates.
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information. This includes information regarding your interaction with SafeAuto.com. We collect this information in order to identify problems with your online account and to improve your experience on our website.
*Personal information does not include publicly available information from federal, state, or local government records, information that has been deidentified or aggregated, health or medical information excluded from CCPA by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”), or PI covered by certain privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (“GLBA”), the California Financial Information Privacy Act (“CFIPA”), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994 (“DPPA”).