- We do not sell customer information to third parties.
- Non-affiliated third party business partners must use customer information we provide only for our purposes.
- We advise our associates of the need to protect customer information.
- We do not use or share customer or consumer medical information we collect except as permitted or required by law, to underwrite insurance, to effect business transactions or as authorized by our customer or consumer.
Types of Information We Collect
We collect information about you to quote and service your insurance policy. Some of this information is called "Nonpublic Personal Information" if that information identifies you and is not available to the public. Depending on the product, we may collect this information from the following sources (we have provided a few examples for each source, but not all may apply to you):
- Application Information: This is information we receive from you on applications or other forms, by phone, mail or online. It may include your name, phone number, street and e-mail addresses, driver's license number, Social Security number, date of birth, gender, marital status, type of vehicle, driving history and information about other drivers.
- Consumer Report Information: This is information we may obtain from consumer reporting agencies. It may include your driving record, claims history with other insurers, and credit history. The information is kept by the consumer reporting agencies and disclosed by them to others as permitted by law.
- Transaction Information: This is information about your transactions with our affiliates, our non-affiliates, others or us. It may include your insurance coverages, premium rates, underwriting and claim documents and payment and claims history. It also may include information that we require for billing and payment.
- Website Information: This information is unique to Internet transactions. It may include the website you visited before ours, your computer operating system, the pages you viewed on our site, the information contained in an online form you completed on our site, or the information you supplied to conduct an online transaction on our site.
Types of Information We Disclose
- We will share information about you only as permitted by law. We will not share your Nonpublic Personal Information with other companies for their marketing purposes without your consent.
- We will disclose customer information to underwrite policies, provide customer service, provide insurance claims service, provide policy service, prevent fraud, perform research or comply with the law. Recipients may include, for example, our agents, claims representatives, service providers, insurance support organizations, law enforcement, courts and government agencies.
- We protect consumer information by restricting access to customer Nonpublic Personal Information. This information is accessible to our employees and others who we feel must use it to provide and service our products. Their use of the information is limited by law, our employee code of conduct, and written agreements where appropriate. We also maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your information.
- You can protect your Nonpublic Personal Information. Do not reveal your SafeAuto online password. Log out of online sessions. Additionally, you should exercise caution when providing your credit card information or Social Security number over the phone- generally, only do so if you initiate the phone call.
Access to Your Nonpublic Personal Information
You can review and correct information SafeAuto Insurance Company has about you.
- To review information we have about you, send a written request to SafeAuto Insurance Company, Customer Service Department, 4 Easton Oval, Columbus, Ohio 43219. You must describe the kind of information you want to review. Include your full name, address, policy number (if applicable), and either your date of birth, Social Security number, or driver's license number. Within thirty (30) business days, we will describe what is available and how you may request corrections. We will also name anyone we show as having received the information within two years prior to your request. Finally, we will identify the companies that have provided Consumer Report Information about you.
- You may review the information at our offices or receive a copy of it for a fee to cover our costs. We will not provide information that we feel is privileged, such as information about insurance claims or lawsuits.
- To correct information about you, send a written request as described above, explaining your desired correction. Within thirty (30) business days, we will either make the requested correction or tell you why we won't.
- If we make your requested correction, we will notify you in writing. We will also notify anyone named by you who may have received the information within the previous two years. If required by law, we will also notify others who may have given it to or received it from us. If we refuse to make the requested correction, you may file a concise written statement with us about why you object, including the information you think is incorrect. Your statement will then become part of your file. It will be sent to the same persons to whom we would send a copy of any correction or change.
- When you visit our website, we collect information you provide. We use the information we collect to provide services to you. We also use it to understand what you want so that we can enhance your online experience. Information that does not identify you may be used for marketing purposes.
- Our website may also store "cookies" on your computer. A cookie is a way for websites to recognize whether or not you have visited the site before. Cookies save certain information entered by you on our website. They also collect technical data, like your Internet protocol (IP) address, operating system, and session ID. Recording this information makes your online experience easier and more personalized as the cookies enable our computers to recognize you and facilitate your use of our website.
- Cookies do not read your hard drive. They cannot be used to reveal anything about you that you have not chosen to enter while using our site.
- If you do not wish to receive cookies, you have the ability to set your web browser to alert you of a cookie being offered or to reject all cookies. See your browser for instructions. Please Note: We do not recommend disabling cookies since you may not be able to log in or use basic features of our website.
- Occasionally we will ask for your e-mail address. We collect your e-mail address so that we can send you e-mails concerning your transactions with us.
- To ensure you get our e-mails, our service provider or we may receive confirmations when you open them or click through e-mail links. These confirmations may also show whether your e-mail application supports graphics so we can tailor our messages to you. We will not share this information or your e-mail address with other companies for their marketing purposes without your consent.
- We designed our systems to provide privacy and to prevent unauthorized users from accessing our systems. Our security measures help ensure that your data is secured and encrypted, so that others cannot access it. We limit access to our servers and require SafeAuto Associates to adhere to high standards of ethics and integrity in performing their jobs.
- Every secure page on safeauto.com has a digital certificate by Thawte. The digital certificate further confirms the authenticity of the web page. The digital certificate is visible via the site certificate that resides on all secure pages. To view this certificate, log in to your payment information, right click on the web page inside the frame, and select Properties from the menu. A small frame displaying site security information will appear. Click on Certificates to verify the site certification.
- Our website contains links to other sites that are not maintained by us. These links are solely for your convenience. We make no warranties or representations about other websites. We recommend that you read the privacy and security policies of these sites.