CRITICAL ILLNESS INSURANCE
When you purchase critical illness insurance, you will have help covering the cost of your medical bills if you suffer a serious illness, such as a heart attack, stroke, or invasive cancer. Unfortunately, a traditional major medical plan may not cover all the costs associated with a big health emergency, leaving it to the insured to cover the difference. Critical illness insurance can help bridge the gap and provide an extra layer of financial protection for you and your family.
HOW DOES CRITICAL ILLNESS INSURANCE WORK?
Critical illness insurance pays a lump sum benefit to help cover expenses associated with a qualifying serious illness. You may be able to get up to $100,000 to put towards costs that are usually not covered by major medical insurance or long-term disability coverage.
These funds can be used for such things as:
- To pay for daily living expenses
- Critical medical services
- Critical medical expenses
- Transportation expenses
- To pay for treatments that may not normally be covered by a traditional health insurance policy
- Vacation with friends and family for those terminally ill patients who need a break
- Please be aware that this plan does not coordinate with any other insurance coverage. Benefits are paid regardless of those received from other health insurance plans and no medical exam is necessary.
This type of coverage is typically low cost, but does have limitations. Alleviate your financial worry and see if critical illness insurance is right for you.