Whether you're looking to start new coverage or switch to SafeAuto, you'll want to make sure you have the minimum auto insurance coverage that Kansas law requires. SafeAuto can help you get the cheapest car insurance rates that meet Kansas state minimum requirements. Start your free car insurance quote online today!
Kansas Financial Responsibility law requires you to maintain liability limits of at least:
Penalty for Failure to Comply with Kansas Financial Responsibility Requirements:
- Any person violating any provision of this section shall be guilty of a class B misdemeanor and shall be subject to a fine of not less than $300 nor more than $1,000 or confinement in the county jail for a term of not more than six months, or both such fine and confinement. [K.S.A. 40-3104(g)(1)]
- Any person convicted of violating any provision of this section within three years of any such prior conviction shall be guilty of a class A misdemeanor and shall be subject to a fine of not less than $800 nor more than $2,500. K.S.A. 40-3104 [K.S.A. 40-3104(g)(1)]
- In addition, may be subject to license suspension or revocation of vehicle registration [K.S.A. 40-3104(h)]
Certificate of Financial Responsibility (SR-22):
An SR-22 is a certification of future proof of Financial Responsibility issued by your insurance company to the Division of Motor Vehicles providing proof that you purchased liability insurance. The following circumstances may require a person to have an SR-22:
- Failure to provide proof of insurance during a traffic stop, unless proof of insurance is provided to the department within the time prescribed by KSA 40-3118(e)
- Conviction of any violation listed under the Habitual Violator Statute (KSA 8-285)
- Any license suspension resulting from noncompliance with the requirements to maintain evidence of insurance
- Failure to provide evidence of financial security as a result of an automobile accident as required
SafeAuto will only issue a Kansas SR-22 to Kansas residents.
Looking for Arizona Auto Insurance?
You can get a free car insurance quote online or by calling a dedicated SafeAuto customer service representative at 1-800-SAFEAUTO. Customer service is available 24/7 to assist you with your quote or answer any insurance questions you may have.
Kansas Division of Motor Vehicles
If you have any further auto insurance questions please visit the FAQ page
or contact the SafeAuto Customer Service Department